There's little doubt that veganism is blooming. Over 250,000 people participated in Veganuary 2019 - a massive increase from the 3,300 who participated in 2014. Done properly, a plant-based diet can provide nearly all the nutrients we need to thrive (I say "nearly...
As part of Endometriosis Awareness Month I've been sharing nutrition tips (see below) and a Facebook Live that focus on simple steps to support hormone balance. Endometriosis affects over 1.5 million women and girls in the UK alone, and many women suffer for years...
Depression and anxiety can hit any of us at any time. When it does, taking time to prepare food and eat well can be incredibly difficult. You can feel overwhelmed by life, paralysed by anxiety, and have little interest in cooking and eating. The irony is that certain...
Midweek lunch has to be the most neglected meal. Squashed in between meetings, deadlines, errands, phonecalls, school runs, it's too often relegated to Boring Sandwich, 'Meal Deal' or Nothing. Unless you're in France, in which case take two hours off and dine like...
Last month I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Gemma Boak (scientist, psoriasis patient expert, and anti-inflammatory lifestyle blogger) for her series the Psoriasis Podcast. Gemma and I had fantastic discussion about the influence of nutrition on psoriasis,...
A couple of months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Kim Broderick, co-founder of Nutty Health almond milk, and learned the inside secrets behind their amazing products. The story began when Kim received an unusual gift for Mothering Sunday last year: a bottle of...
NUTRITION FOCUS PLAN £125
Pre-consultation health & nutrition questionnaire.
- Face-to-face consultation lasting up to 90mins: this is your opportunity to share your health concerns, ask questions, and discover practical ways to include the key foods & nutrients you need.
We may also discuss functional tests that may be relevant and useful to gaining a better understanding of what is happening with your health. There is no obligation to take these tests, and all options will be explained in full.
- Personal health action plan: each action point is discussed in full so that you are happy with the suggestions, and leave feeling inspired and motivated to make change happen!
- Supplement recommendations (if applicable): the aim is to support your health and wellbeing through foods, though in certain circumstances I will discuss supplements too if I feel they can be of particular benefit.
- Email support for the next 4-5 weeks: I'm happy to answer any quick questions via email. Longer queries (i.e. if they will take longer than 10 minutes to answer by email) will be answered at your next face-to-face appointment.
“Sally was truly lovely, with a calm and reassuring manner, and I soon felt at ease. The consultation, and testing, was professional and the advice invaluable. I have been extremely pleased with the results and have enjoyed a better quality of life as a result of my visit.”JV
Various tests are available to help us uncover the root imbalances in your health, including:
- Test for food intolerances: these can help to clear up these confusions and provide you with clarity and confidence about what foods to eat and which to avoid. See below for more details or call/email.
- Stool tests – helpful for identifying gut bacterial imbalances that may be contributing to health issues such as IBS, bloating, altered bowel habits and poor nutrient absorption.
- Adrenal function tests – long term stress impacts adrenal hormone balance, contributing to health issues such as fatigue, decreased stress tolerance, low immunity and poor blood sugar balance.
- Thyroid function tests – standard thyroid tests only look at a small part of thyroid function and may come back as normal despite your visible symptoms! Long term stress and auto immune conditions may impact upon thyroid health.
- For details and prices of these tests please call or email.
I use Cambridge Nutritional Sciences ELISA blood sample tests and can offer the Food Detective test or the full range of FoodPrint tests.
“I am absolutely delighted with my results and am so pleased I decided to get an alternative opinion to what my GP was suggesting. In fact the simple discovery of omitting corn has literally changed my life not only for my well being but also for the control this has given me over my own body. I am so happy and relieved”JJ
Are available for all treatment options – ideal gifts for family and friends!
Nutrition Focus Follow-On session (60mins): £70
At least one Follow-On session is usually required, sometimes 2-3 depending on the complexity of your health issues and rate of progress.
The first Follow-On takes place 4-5 weeks after starting the Plan, and gives us time to review your progress so far, discuss test results (if applicable) and set new recommendations.
Nutrition Focus Catch Up session (up to 90mins): £90
- For ongoing clients who perhaps haven't visited in a while and need more time than a standard Follow-On session.
- Also for clients who need more time to go through complex test results
Food Detective test: £55 in addition to consultation fee
This simple pin-prick blood test checks for reactions against 59 of the most common food intolerances. The test takes 45 minutes to do so you will leave your session with a clear idea of any foods that may be contributing to your symptoms and what you can eat instead!
These are laboratory run tests that provide detailed analysis of immune system reactions to over 120 different foods. The range of FoodPrint tests includes Vegetarian and Vegan options.