Hello! I’m Sally
Health writer, Reg Nutritional Therapist (rCNHC) & Reg Nutritionist (MBANT)
Nutritional therapists are often viewed as pious, clean-living individuals, baking kamut muffins for fun. I hate to disappoint you – I’m really not like that.
Having spent my teens and early twenties as a terrible pescatarian (more of a ‘pastafarian’ if I’m honest, living on pasta bake and cheese) I know from experience the detrimental effects of poor food choices.
Zero energy, spots, raging pre-menstrual tension, bloating, crazy bowel habits…the list goes on.
At age 21 I got a job in a fantastic local healthfood store (Tullivers in York city centre) and slowly began my journey into the world of herbs, nutrition, naturopathy and positive lifestyle changes.
I loved sharing this information with customers and decided to take things further by qualifying as a Nutritional Therapist.
I ran a private clinic in central York for over ten years and now focus on nutrition & lifestyle medicine writing, workshops and education.
My area of particular interest is the fascinating link between our gut and brain.
Your tummy talks with your brain all the time: nutrition helps us to know which foods make the best conversation!
- BSc in Nutritional Medicine
- Full membership of BANT (British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) and CNHC registered
- Fellowship of The Health Food Institute (HFI)
- PGCert in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
- I undertake plenty of ongoing Continuous Professional Development to keep abreast of news, research and techniques.