Knowing what to eat isn’t a straightforward task anymore. With so many conflicting messages about good foods, bad foods, superfoods, and Frankenfoods hitting the headlines every day, it’s becoming harder and harder to make our daily food choices.
With over 20 years experience in the natural health industry and over ten years as a practising nutritionist and nutritional therapist, I can help you navigate the food minefield.
I can create articles, blog posts, and web copy for your business to support your employees and colleagues with their health and wellbeing, covering topics such as:
- Building resilience and handling stress
- Managing Menopause
- Improving focus, memory, and concentration
- Optimising energy levels
- Supporting good mental health
- Building immunity & resilience
I can offer talks and workshops that will engage and inspire your workforce, empowering them to take positive action about their health.
Presentation & writing clients include…
‘Lunch & Learn’ presentation on nutrition for managing stress and supporting mental health
Workplace presentation on nutrition for energy and managing stress
RNIB and Sight Support Ryedale
Nutrition workshops for people newly diagnosed with sight loss
Regular commentator on nutrition and health news stories and phone-in guest answering listeners questions.
Nutrigold Ltd: as a member of the education team (2012 – 2017) I created blogs and newsletters, and presented webinars on topics including menopause, mental health, food intolerances, and digestive health
Blogs and newsletters for the Education Service
Much to the amusement of my family, I’ve even appeared on Sky News talking about beans and lentils!
This US website covers health and wellness with a plant-based aspect. Topics I have covered include phytoestrogens for perimenopausal health, the benefits of maca root, and antidepressant plant foods.
Part of a team of writers producing website content on various health topics.
Created a set of articles for the in-house magazine of the British & International Golf Greenkeepers’ Association
York Traditional Acupuncture
I’ve been ghost writing Tiziana’s blog for several years now, and love capturing her unique approach.
The Food Rush (now Eco & Beyond)
The Food Rush (now Eco & Beyond): author profile here
CAM magazine (now IHCAN)
Case study published January 2016
Feedback from the TSYS York event:
“Really engaging without being remotely gimmicky, very natural speaker. Session flew by.”
“It’s really made me think about food differently and what additional vitamins/minerals my body needs.”
“Where to start ! It was made clear to me, unfortunately, I am not eating as well as I should. Also, the way diet effects so many
different well-being issues.”
Workshop & presentation clients include:
– TSYS York branch: hour long talk and Q&A on supporting energy levels and general health and wellness
– Hiscox: back-to-back 30-min presentations with Q&A on nutrition for mental health and managing stress as part of their ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions. The talks were live streamed to Hiscox offices throughout Europe.
– MIND: series of workshops on nutrition and mental health
– RNIB: series of talks on nutrition for supporting vision for service users newly diagnosed with sight disorders
– Kyra Women’s Project: nutrition for managing menopause workshops
– BBC Radio York: regular expert commentator on nutrition and health news
– Future Farmers: presentation on the nutritional properties of meat and dairy produce